Massage & Therapeutic Bodywork
Therapeutic Bodywork is a soft-tissue modality of treatment providing work on the areas that need the most attention.
Thorough expertise & dialogue between the therapist and client guarantees the client is treated based on his/her individual needs. (Sometimes this type of therapy can be uncomfortable and does not always address the whole body.) Sessions can include soft tissue manipulation, stretching, active release, myoskeletal therapy, active isolated stretching, structural integration, and contract/relax techniques. Especially beneficial for those with chronic discomfort or injuries. Swedish, Deep Tissue, Myofascial Release, Pre-Natal, and Sports/Medical styles available, in either 60 minute or 90 minute options.
Benefits of Bodywork include:
• Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles
• Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts
• Improve the condition of the body's largest organ—the skin
• Increase joint flexibility
• Lessen depression and anxiety
• Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks
• Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation
• Reduce post-surgery adhesions and swelling
• Reduce spasms and cramping
• Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles
• Release endorphins—amino acids that work as the body's natural painkiller
• Relieve migraine pain
• Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow—the body's natural defense system
We are currently in the process of partnering with a highly-trained bodywork company to bring you even more services and options - stay tuned!